Identifying Kent Armstrong pup. WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying Kent Armstrong pup. WTF?

I know nothing about these OK? With that said, I have a Kent Armstrong hum with the model HRO-1A on the back. What the hell is it? The website doesn't list it (I'm not that stupid [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Re: Identifying Kent Armstrong pup. WTF?

passive humbucker, alnico magnet, two white open coils, 4-conductor wiring,15 k ohm DC coil resistance
    recommended position: bridge
    comparible to: Seymour Duncan JB

If you don't like it, I'll take it !

Comment

The Kent Armstrong site only mentioned their current line sold through WD last time I checked...and WD never responded to my email looking for help identifying an Armstrong pickup. I really like some of the Armstrongs that came stock in various `90s Jacksons, but there isn't much info available on them that I've found.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks a bunch for the info guys. I bought a soloist from another member here a couple of years ago, and I'm changing all the hardware to black, so I was curious what pups it had in it. This one was in the neck and it has a tone zone in the bridge. The Armstrong has tone for miles, I like it, just couldn't find any info on it. Maybe stock? Anyhoo, thanks again! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

What model of Soloist? Is it a mid-90s SL2 or SL2S? If so, the pickups would have been the JP-10/JP-11 set. The best clean tone I ever heard was out of an Armstrong JVA-1 neck humbucker.
          sigpic

Comment

This one is a 91(I think) SL2. That's kinda why I was wondering about the Armstrong, never heard of this as an OEM Jackson pup. This thing friggin sings! I'm thinking about tapping it to see what it sounds like as a single. Nonetheless, a great pup in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
            X