Dimebucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebucker

Whats peoples experience with this pickup i keep getting mixed feelings from people about it. The majority of reviews say its a heap of rubbish. I was undecided whether to try it or get the SH-8 Invader. Ive tried the JB model & EMG 81 which at the moment really sound soooooo plain (81's) im leaning more towards the Invader but wanted some input on the dimebucker.

Re: Dimebucker

it's not as good as the pickup it's based on. i own the dimebucker and the l500xl from billlawrence.com. the lawrence pickup is better. it is a lot more dynamic and very responsive and is harmonically rich sounding.

Comment

I have one in an import kelly (i think a basswood body), i play it thru a marshall VS100 combo with a tung sol 12AX7. Its pretty loud and in your face. If i dime the gain on the marshall it gets too muddy, back off to around 6, and i get a pretty good tone out of it. Very responsive as well.

Ive also read many reviews on it. its interesting, ive heard of people flipping the pickup upside down, so i tried it. It really brought out the highs and took alot of punch from the bottom.

I would really like to try a pickup that is a little less hot as i think it would really complement my amp and valve set up.

Comment

i had 2 that i got in a trade, and they sounded okay, but for some reason, not as gainy as i thought they would be. it sounded good, but as if the gain was set on 8; it just needed that extra push, and it was missing out on a bit of bass response. that said, i'm not a super gainy pickup person, but that's what it sounded like to me. i removed them and put customs in those guitars and whaddya know? they sounded as they should.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I love mine, got nothin' but good things to say about them, although I would like to get my hands on the original Lawrence model to compare.

Comment

I have the Original OBL "Made in West Germany" L500XL. It really smokes with a powerful yet tight bass response. Screamin high end. It's wired without controls (straight out) in my ESP neck-thru I'm messing with.

I also have the "Bill Lawrence USA" pickups in my 1995 RR1. Very good as well, but the OBL has a little more umph - probably because there are no volume or tone pots slowing it down.

I haven't tried the Seymour Duncan version.

Comment

They are on my standard Jackson import tuners as well, but in the form of A, B & C instead of numbers.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                They are on my standard Jackson import tuners as well, but in the form of A, B & C instead of numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong thread chum [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

How the hell did that happen? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                  X