Floyd, Killer, or JT6 Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd, Killer, or JT6 Poll

OK, I can't seem to sell this, and it plays like a dream, so to treat her right, what would you do? Kahler Killer Floyd Copy, dowel and floyd, dowel and JT6?

I have no problem with the JT6, so if you do/don't like it, let me know why!

BTW: It's the cream one on the left.

JT6
    0%
    Kahler Killer
    0%
    OFR
    0%
    Traditional (Fender)
    0%
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Floyd, Killer, or JT6 Poll

I vote for an OFR... the JT6 is a good trem, but the fine tuners can be a real PITA sometimes.
    -Rick

Comment

OFR, they don't need hard to find parts when you need to fix it.

Comment

Going to go with the OFR if you need to change. The JT-6 just does not hold up in the long haul in my experience. Also, try to find an older '80s OFR, they were made from better metal back then. I have cracked saddles on newer OFR, but never on the old ones that I have (some times I get a little aggressive with the hex wrench LOL!)
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

What´s the problem with the Kahler fulcrum that´s on there?? works foine when set up right [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

yep. if that bridge works, keep it and leave it alone. just becase it won't sell in the classifieds doesn't mean that it wouldn't sell (for more than the $195 you're askin) on ebay.

leave it and put it on the bay, dude.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I would leave it alone too.

Comment

I agree with leaving it alone. The reason its not selling, in my opinion, is more related to the guitar having a pickguard.

I have a few guitars with that trem and it works fine. Many times people blame the bridge when the issue is the strings getting hung up in the plastic nut.

Comment

Agreed. Leave it.

Comment

Actually, the bridge isn't that bad to me either. The bridge has a bent piece where the high E fine tuner is and although it works, annoys me. It is pinned in place. I may find another fulcrum and replace the bent part. Oh, I also don't have the bar for it, so by the time I get a $15 bar and $10 worth of parts to make it right, I almost coulda bough a JT6. Plus theres the lack of resale value which I kinda blame on the condition and trem - maybe pointy headstocks and pickguards just don't go together [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .

I actually dig the guitar, so that's why I was considering an 'upgrade' for it or trickling down a JT6 from upgrading my fighter graphic dinky.

Thanks for the opinions though guys!
                    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                    X