Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking nut buzz

Hello all,

I have a slight buzz in my Kelly KE3 when I play the G string open.

I have placed a small piece magazine paper just under the G string where it sits into the locking nut groove and the buzz has gone.

Will filing down the nut groove work?

What is the best way to eliminate this buzz, I don't want to look for bits of paper every time I change strings.

s

Re: Locking nut buzz

<font color="red"> All-parts sells metal shims for Floyd lock nuts!! </font>

http://www.allparts.com/categories.p...LOCKING%20NUTS

Comment

Im gonna probably have a problem soon.. I bought a trem neck, but im putting it on a stringthru body... im gonna have to do something to fix the nut, am I not?

Comment

<font color="red"> Yup,& All-parts sells oversized replacement standard nuts to replace the locking nut....check out the ebanol nuts here.... </font>

http://www.allparts.com/categories.p...&cat_name=TUSQ,%20GRAPHITE%20&%20EBANOL%20NUTS

Comment

heh so what nut would I need for switching a trem neck to a stringthru bridge body.. without making it look horribly wrong lol..

Think that link you posted messed up, cause It just sent me to a list of nuts heh

Comment

<font color="red"> No the link is correct....

Depends on the nut width of the neck you have....

First one,Part # BN_0623-023 is for 1 5/8" nut widths

Second one,Part # BN_0624-023 is for 1 11/16" nut widths

</font>

Comment

chuck knows all about nut buzz [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh I see now.. thanks, if it sounds horribly wrong with just the floyd nut, I will have to buy one of these I guess lol.. does it screw in like the floyd nut?

Comment

<font color="red"> Yup,my nutz are buzzed!! </font> [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] <font color="red"> !!

(afaik it screws into the existing top mount holes!!) </font>

Comment

Working...
                  X