Schaller Security Lock on Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller Security Lock on Les Paul

I installed Schaller Security lock strap pins on my Les Paul, and everything works wonderfuly, except I noticed a TINY flaw.

The pins are actualy leaving a miniscule gap on one sideof each of the pins.

In other words, on one side of the circular 'base' of the pin, it is tight against the body, but on the other side, there is a TINY gap that i can slide 2 or 3 pieces of paper underneath, no more.

I'm thinking when i took the original screws/pins out, it maybe took out a tiny ammount of wood form the hole, so the new screws are just barely leaving a gap.

The screws are tight, no problem holding the guitar, i'm just thinking over time the screw could loosen, or maybe crack the wood slightly since the Les Paul is a heavy guitar.

Possible solution I though of is to just get some felt or leather or something to put between the pin and the guitar.

Any suggestions or anybody have this happen to them as well?

Thanks!

Re: Schaller Security Lock on Les Paul

drill the hole a bit deeeper (1/16" or so), put a felt washer under the buttom, and cinch it down properly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

You know what, I'm thinking that it is just the curve of the body on the upper strap pin.

Because no matter how deep I drill the hole, the same curve will be on the guitar, the Schaller pin is a flat bottom, it will always have a small gap there.

Comment

Did you leave the felt ring off? [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

yea that makes sense, like the curve of the body, and since im assuming the straplock is completely flat on the bottom, one side will be up abit, best is to get a nice felt washer and put it under to make sure its nice and snug

Comment

Yeah, Nick you got it, no matter what i do, the bottom of the pin is always flat, and the guitar has a slight curve at the pin location, hence a slight gap [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I went to about 4 different hardware stores today as well as GuitarCenter, nobody has any f'ing felt washers that will fit it, without making it look ridiculously goofy... oh well, try again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
            X