DK2/ OFR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2/ OFR

I did a search but couldn't find anything so I will ask again and take the heat. Will a OFR fit on a DK2 without any modifications?

Re: DK2/ OFR

The locking screws are gong to be too long and will hit the body when you pull back. You can either shorten them, or get a Floyd Pro.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Oh? My DK2 HRF that I got in 2002 (or was it 2001? anyway) fit an OFR just fine, except for very minor rubbing near the posts. A few deep dives and it was fixed (probably the paint was a tad thick, but I didn't find any chips or flakes when I got done).

I've also put OFRs on a WRMG and WRXT body with no trouble. The only ones that gave me trouble with the length of the recess are my JacksonStars NASLs.

However, I haven't seen a recent import so they may have changed the route.
      It should at least take a Schaller/JT590.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

No shit? Well thats pretty cool... although, I know that an OFR wont fit inplace of the older JT580 (non-lp) as the rout is shorter.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I don't think either the OFR or Schaller trems look to bad in a JT580LP route. The schaller doesnt leave much of gap due to the baseplate being slightly longer than the OFR. Im sending my KE3 away to get a total respray & while in the process the Guy is fitting me a black OFR & he is going to fill in all the gaps in the JT580LP's route so it follows the curves of the OFR oh & he's extending the rear of the route so the locking pins will never rub. Cant wait to see the finished result. Full respray & a few different modifications for £140 cant beat it !

Comment

Working...
          X