Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar Tuners.....What does everyone use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Tuners.....What does everyone use?

I was wondering what guitar tuners are used by everyone? Which ones are the best for "lowered" tunings, like E-flat or D.....? I presently use a Korg GA-30 - which works great, but, in live type situations, it is a royal pain in the arse.....not to mention how "frail" they are.....I have replaced it three times...! Can anyone help? I would like to find a great tuner that would work in a live situation as well as studio - be reliable and work for concert E, as well as lowered Eb or D! I tried to look this one up in the "search" but found nothing....maybe I don't know how to do it yet?!

Re: Guitar Tuners.....What does everyone use?

I use a Korg GT-3, when I actually use a tuner [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Mostly I match the guitar to a MIDI-generated tone in GP3, since that's what I'm playing along with and it cannot be fine-tuned.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Typically, for something other than STD tunings you would want a pitch adjustable tuner or with a key transpose function. I've used Seiko with alot of accuracy & durability. I'm very satified with their tuners.

If you are looking for one in your floor effects chain the KORG DT-10 has a wide range for detuning and seven string.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAM.../PR/DT-10.html

Comment

I use a DT-10 and it's just great. Accurate and the leds have a smooth transition. It responds great to lower tunings as it's also usable for bass guitars. I would only use a strobe for intonation but in fact the DT-10 is good enough for that too.

Comment

Believe it or not, my favorite tuner and the one I use at gigs is a $15 Rocktek "Son of a Pitch" pedal. Very accurate, shows up great on a dark stage, and has stood up to a lot of use despite being plasic. I also have one of those clip-on headstock tuners that I use at practice and when first loading in at shows. It's good, but sometimes flakes out and refuses to acknowledge some notes. Works strictly on vibrations.

I also have a Furman PL-Tuner (integrated into a power conditioner) in my rack rig. Haven't had it long enough to form much of an opinion.
          sigpic

Comment

I use the Boss TU2, which just about every other musician/tech/band I've played with swears by for live use. I also have a Korg DTR2000 sitting in my apt. that I bought from my friend.

Comment

Boss TU-2 here, also. I did have a Korg DTR-1000 rack tuner that worked great, but I sold it to somebody here.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I use a Fender pedal tuner. Can't remember the exact model name. It's the first one, they have upgraded it with a screen to show you the name of the notes instead of just the little leds. Mine works great, but there are much better ones out there, such as the upgraded Fender or the Boss TU-2. If I were to replace mine, I would probably go with the Boss, cause I have heard nothing but great things about them.

Comment

Peterson Strobostomp..if you want to do your own intonations very accurately and and also tune Buzz Feiten systems (and you can set up the Buzz offsets so you can intonate those too).

Comment

For benchwork and before gig tuneups - Peterson Strobe. During gigs, Pod XTL's tuner.

Comment

I use the tuner that is built into my GNX-1.
                      For my acoustic, I use a little Korg hand held unit... don't recall the model.
                      -Rick

Comment

I have a TU2 that I've been going back to and toejam's Korg DTR1000 tuner, which is awesome, just not convenient at the moment.

Comment

I mainly use the tuner in my Pod Xt, but when I set the intonation and really wan't it to be accurate, I use this: http://www.cerlsoundgroup.org/cgi-bi...er/apmain.html
                          -Janne

Comment

Korg GT-12 chromatic. Works better on a 7-string than anything else I've found, and the needle sweep is really smooth, instead of the jerky movement of the Boss units. It also gives reference tones, and has a flat button that goes as many as four half steps down. Great for when you want to tune down, but still want to see BEADGBE.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Peterson Strobostomp..if you want to do your own intonations very accurately and and also tune Buzz Feiten systems (and you can set up the Buzz offsets so you can intonate those too).

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X