Nut repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nut repair

I just noticed the nut on my jrr-94 is sliding off the neck toward the direction of the small e string.Looks like the glued couldnt hold the pressure of the srings.I detune this guitar somewhat but use 11`s.I was wondering what type of glue i could use to hold the nut on neck.Looks like the nut is plastic so i dont know if super glue would hold on the wooden neck...
    "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Re: Nut repair

Watered down Elmer's glue is what I've heard. You don't want to glue it in too tight because someday you may need a new nut.

Get the book how to repair your guitar by Dan Erlewine.

Comment

yep.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Watered down Elmer's glue?Wow.I thought i would need someting a millions times stronger than that...And ive actually overkilled the nut with a few drops of super glue thinking it may not hold.Thanks yall... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
        "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

Use watered down Elmers if you want it to fall off again. A couple drops of super glue is all you need. A lot of Mfgs use super glue to hold in the nuts.

Comment

String tension and fit do most of the work. You end up with an over sized slot from cutting it into splinters if you glue it in too well.

Comment

+1 on what LexLuthier and Charvelguy said!

Comment

Working...
              X