Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who know about DK2s

Hi All,

this is my first post here as I have just joined the Jackson family. Purchased a DK2 dinky and loving it!

However, I own a Dimarzio Steve's Special that I want to throw in the bridge position to replace the HB-102B but I can't find a wiring diagram for the guitar. Can anyone provide a link to one or tell me what wire colours correspond to what in the guitar?

Also, I play metal, jazz and rock (a bit of everything really!). Any suggestions for single coil replacements (Dimarzio prefered)?

Cheers [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: For those who know about DK2s

Anyone?

Comment

Re: For those who know about DK2s

Welcome to the forums.

I like my DK2 the way it is.

But, if you have to mess with it LOL!,

Chances are this might be a 4 conductor pickup, in which case two leads are already connected and taped off.

Look inside the cavity. There will be a five way switch. The hot end of the HB-102B will be soldered to one end of the switch, the other lead will be soldered to ground.

Just unsolder these, pull the pickup, and replace with the Steve's Special. You should know the hot and ground on the Steve's.

Singles for Metal? Get the HS-3 / HS-2?

I don't use DiMarzio's. The hot ticket here if you must mess with the DK-2 is to go SD Cool Rails and a Duncan Distortion.

Comment

Working...
      X