Pickup Suggestions....??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Suggestions....??

hi, i have a DKMG with stock HZ's and first of all i was wondering if its worth changing them at all...cuz i just learnt that alexi (children of bodom) had HZ's put in his custom ESP...so must be sumthing good about them...i wouldnt know cuz ive never heard any other pickup other than stocks. secondly if i do change them...which one's should i have put in??..considering im primarily into metallica, soilwork, and virtuoso stuff like vai and satriani. and thirdly, will my EMG Turbocharger work the same way with the new pickups as it does with the current HZ's i mean output diff or nething?? ....feedback appreciated. thanks.

Re: Pickup Suggestions....??

HZ's are passive and the Turbo will work with any passive or active p/u as far as I know. All it does is act as a signal boost with a variable output up to 20db.
    Hz's are ok, I think they can be improved upon but pickup choice is a subjective thing. I think with a EMG T-Boost, a med-hot p/u would be the ticket. I'll plug for a Dimarzio Tone Zone for the basswood body. You can pick one up off Ebay for 30-40.00 USD used.

Comment

Working...
    X