Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old EMGs

heyyo,

anyhow I have in mind read something about old EMG 81 aint the same like there'R these days. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    I just "buy it now" this one , aint sure if its really a 81 or just a sticker.

Re: old EMGs

Old Emgs didn't have a imprint for the Emg in Silver. It fades off, and the back looks like a EMG.

Comment

Well that is an EMG sticker... weather its genuine or not, cant tell for sure. Send the pic to a tech at EMG and theyll tell you for sure.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Old Emgs didn't have a imprint for the Emg in Silver. It fades off, and the back looks like a EMG.

[/ QUOTE ]

THE pickup was spray painted black... theoretically we should still see an imprint if there was one, but it may have just "run full" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I'll see if I get it. Imprint is the same like gravure, isnt it?
          But if its an EMG 81 30€ is a cool price.
          But if not [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, finally got that piece of shit.
            No, screws or jake delivered.
            But is it normal that the screw-holes are that BIG?

Comment

If they took the threaded brass inserts out of it, then yeah the holes would be that big.

Looks like an older EMG to me, but the legs do look odd. Maybe it was white originally and painted black except the bottom?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I just read something about PUs being direct mounted having bigger screw-holes.
                Well, anyway, I fixed that problem.

Comment

hm probably painted.. Hopefully lol

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    ... Maybe it was white originally and painted black except the bottom?

[/ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    hm probably painted.. Hopefully lol

[/ QUOTE ]

There was never a question, even said so in the auction.. that´s why I diidn´t say IF [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

yep ive got an old 81 with the same beige fill & sticker not the black epoxy.

Comment

Working...
                      X