how to get at that truss rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get at that truss rod

so i'm wondering if any of you will want to help me out with this. i was working on my RR3 and noticed it had some backbow so i took off the truss cover and looked at the business you are supposed to be able to adjust. i find that it isn't an allen key kind of deal, it's a hex nut. the problem is that the cavity around it isn't big enough to fit a socket wrench or regular wrench in there. pliers only gouge into the nut. i bought the guitar used, is there some special tool that i didnt get with it? much thanks

Re: how to get at that truss rod

You need a 7mm truss rod wrench. allparts.com has them although I can't get their sit to load at the moment. Here is a link to the U.K. page so you can see what I'm talking about.

Allparts U.K.

Comment

that's it, thanks a lot.

Comment

Yeah, it kinda looks like a Popeye pipe. Toot toot!!!
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I yse a 7mm 12pt. Craftsman wrench, and it works perfectly on every one Ive used it on.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Rob -- have you tried it on San Dimas era bolt on necks? I can't seem to find anything that fits anywhere....

Comment

Nope, just standard Jackson pointy headstocks... is the San Dimas truss cavity routed differenty?

Also about the wrench, 12pt. is obviously boxed end. And you NEED a 12pt. as a 6 pt. will not give you the flexibility to grab the truss nut in small incriments.

Here are some pics for you:

Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
              X