JT6 Tremelo Replacement / Upgrade - 1988 Model 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT6 Tremelo Replacement / Upgrade - 1988 Model 6

Anyone able to advise on a worthy replacement tremelo for the JT6 unit fitted to a model 6? Any mods required for the unit u installed? If so, pls detail..

Also, is the JT6 unit still available new? If so from where? the Cost?

Many thx, lawrence!
    Guitars: CJ Model 6 - MIM Strat - Taylor 710CE - ESP EC1000 - Ibanez AF105 - American Deluxe Ash Strat FX: Gt - 8, DL4, Verbzilla
    Amp: PV Special 130 - Next amp..a versatile tube! PV classic or Fender X..

Re: JT6 Tremelo Replacement / Upgrade - 1988 Model 6

I have an older FRII on my model 3 that replaced the JT6 perfectly. No routing or anything and it used the old jt6 studds just fine. I think an OFR or a schaller would work just as well also.

Comment

Re: JT6 Tremelo Replacement / Upgrade - 1988 Model 6

Yep, I installed an OFR on my Model 3 a couple of hours ago, went just fine! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Re: JT6 Tremelo Replacement / Upgrade - 1988 Model

OFR = Drop in replacement... JT-6s are available used on eBay and Forums like this, afaik no longer available new for some time now...

Comment

I found if you have the notches machined bigger on the JT-6 studs, that an OFR will have better range of motion.

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get the replacement posts for a JT6 from in theUK?
            www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

thx.,

are the new generation floyds better replacements?

also want to know the lock nut size..r2, r3 or r4?

also does anyone know if the current jackson trems are a cheaper option and can they be fitted without mods?
              Last edited by lawrenceb; 06-27-2009, 12:29 AM.
              Guitars: CJ Model 6 - MIM Strat - Taylor 710CE - ESP EC1000 - Ibanez AF105 - American Deluxe Ash Strat FX: Gt - 8, DL4, Verbzilla

Comment

Schaller Floyds, OFR they both work on them. Put a Schaller on mine and it sounds brighter and fuller.
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

You guys see anything fishy about this Gotoh copy?

http://store.guitarfetish.com/nehedudulofl.html
                  Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by lawrenceb View Post
                    thx.,

are the new generation floyds better replacements?

also want to know the lock nut size..r2, r3 or r4?

also does anyone know if the current jackson trems are a cheaper option and can they be fitted without mods?
                    Wow. It took you almost 4 years to respond to your own thread!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeh,,my tremelo replacement is turning out to be a project im yet to start ..im busy changing the strings..one by one, wind by wind..haha

sorry, embaressing thread...thanks to all who responded years ago! ..but i still got loads more questions..

1. so who's making the OFR now? here;s a link..interesting insight

http://www.vintagekramer.com/parts6.htm

2. anyone fitted a speedloader? this units new to me

3. seems like there's a lot of contention about the quality between FR manufactures of late

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho....php?p=5957084

anyone fitted a gotoh?

4. whats the max. trem block size i could use?

5. still dont know which size locking nut i need

6. thanks for any info on the above
                      Last edited by lawrenceb; 06-29-2009, 05:51 AM.

Comment

The (proper) Gotoh bolts straight in, plus it has the added bonus of being 42mm of brass. Put them on both my Model 6's. I went with the upgraded studs courtesy of Budman. Love that trem...
                        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

thanks..did u buy it online? can anyone recommend a reputable seller?

anyone have any info on the nut specs? i plan to keep the original string locking nut..but it may come in handy to have a replacement one with the kit..

Comment

Got mine on ebay a couple of years ago.
                            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                            X