Quik cure for 32mm sustain block in non-recessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quik cure for 32mm sustain block in non-recessed

I had to replace the JT-6 on my Model 3a with a JT-580LP, but I didn't want to spend the cash on a new 42 mm sustain block.And the JT-6 block does not line up with the mounting holes of the J580.
    So I went to Home Depot and found these little aluminum spacers that they sell in the cabinet bins over in the hardware section. And they come in various lengths, so you can customize them to your needs. The #10 5/16x1/4 seem to be just a 1/16 to short, but if your action is set some what low, they'll be ok. And I all so picked up some longer countersunk screws as well.
    Thought this might help a few folks out there.

Re: Quik cure for 32mm sustain block in non-recessed

Thanks for the idea. Do you have a pic of this remedy in action?

Comment

Re: Quik cure for 32mm sustain block in non-recess

I can send you one tomorrow, just pm me your email. Unfortunately, I'm not able to host one.

Comment

Great tip - needs a pic and a sticky! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc,
          If I send a pic can you host it? I'll stop at Home Depot Friday morning to pick up a few spacers as to show folks what they look like. And a pic of the finished trem. There's no slop when they're set over screws, and they seem to work great.

Comment

No problem - send it to [email protected]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Ok, here's the pics and a few words about how to do it courtesy of Junior:

[ QUOTE ]
              The first pic is of the packaging each of the spacers come in. There's only one per package, and the price runs any where from 68 cents to 76 cents each depending on the nearest Home Depot.
              The size is #10 5/16 x 1/4, or #10 5/16 x 1/2. The 1/4 size is a little too short, but if the action is on the low side these will work. The 1/2 will need to be cut as it is too long. Hopefull there will be either a 7/16 size or 5/16 at someone's store.

The 3rd photo is a comparison of the stock countersink screw to a 5mm x 20. I used 5mm x 15, but didn't have a extra one for the pic.
              And lastly, what it looks like when it's all done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Working...
              X