Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing a floyd for....?

Alright people.
    Hopefully buying an old charvel neck and body (stripped down to wood so I cant tell what it is), and its got a floyd and HSS. Ill probably change it to HH or single hum, filler and a block of wood etc, but what options do I have with the bridge? I think its routed for a floyd, and I kinda wanted a fixed bridge. I kno what youre going to say - just dont use the bar!!! But I havnt got a guitar with a fixed bridge and kinda want one.what options do I have? Ive always like hardtail bridges. But Ill need to make the guitar string thru wont I? and theres currently no wood to put the ferrules through [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Just wondering what my options were.

James

Re: Changing a floyd for....?

Its ok I found a guide.
    For anyone else who wants to know http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tht1.htm

James

Comment

You could use one of those wrap around tailpieces like the cheap bc rich guitars use. Just measure properly as I dont think theyres much room for intonation with those.

Comment

Why not just block it? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Carbuff - Id need to shim the neck or angle the pocket wouldnt I?

Model1VH2 - I could block it but Ive another guitar with a blocked floyd, and I actually want a hardtail guitar. Plus I want the extra work to give me something to do, and Id probably end up buying a shitty floyd copy or something.
          The guitar Ive bought is a body and a neck, no hardware. So whilst it seems like a lot of work, its what I want, and seems like common sense to me.

James

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Its ok I found a guide.
            For anyone else who wants to know http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tht1.htm

James

[/ QUOTE ]
            Yeah, you should be fine following those instructoins. Paul Gilbert had one of his Ibanez guitars filled in similar to that and put in a hardtail.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks Joe - Doesnt seem like rocket science does it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Yeah, seems fairly straightfoward. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X