noise problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise problems

just finished wiring up my project guitar, and i plugged it in and im getting a whole lot noise from the guitar (not the amp, i tried different amps). Im pretty sure the wiring is all correct, and the guitar sound nice, its just when i stop playing there is alot of extra noize. None of the cavaties are "sheilded" or whatever its called. Is this bad?
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Re: noise problems

Are all your grounds connected? Dont forget the ground wire that goes to the trem claw!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Are all your grounds connected? Dont forget the ground wire that goes to the trem claw!

[/ QUOTE ]

i connected all of my grounds to the volume pot, do i still need to run a wire to the trem claw?
      www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Yeah you usually need one regardless... that grounds the system out as soon as you touch the strings using your body as a ground. Run that wire and Ill bet your problem is gone... if by chance your using active electronics, disregard what Ive said.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
        X