Tremol-no - anyone used one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremol-no - anyone used one?

I've just got a PC1, which has a lot of the things I want in my "ideal" guitar (except something that makes my fingers faster & more accurate & lets me pick as fast as Paul Gilbert). I also have a Wolfgang, which has the EVH d-tuner & I use it quite a bit to switch between standard & drop-D tuning. The PC1 has an original Floyd, which I think a d-tuner would fit, but I need to stop the Floyd from changing the tunings of all the other strings when I detune the E. I've been looking at the tremol-no, which looks like it might do the job & be easily reversible so I can use the Floyd as normal when in standard tuning. Anyone tried one or something similar? Any help & suggestions appreciated! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Re: Tremol-no - anyone used one?

Ok - now a real basic question that I should have started with. Are the "Tremol-no/Deep-C" units actually available yet? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

The Tremol-No is going to be awesome, but it still isn't available yet. You could put a Hipshot Tremsetter in for the time being, but if it were me & it didn't have to be ready to go right now, I'd wait for the Tremol-No.

Comment

I'm not sure how well a d-tuna will fit on a fully floating bridge, since the Wolfgangs are divebomb only. Just a thought.

Comment

The Tremol-No takes a fully floating Floyd & gives you the ability to quickly make it dive-only or completely locked, without any mods to the guitar. Just don't use the d-tuna in full float mode & it'll work fine. It's like the holy grail or something & it's going to be friggin' huge, huge I tell ya!

Comment

Just checked out the inventor's address and turns out he's just down the street from me. I'll have to contact him...
            "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Here are some people who use the Tremol-no, there you can see what they think about it.
              The tremol-no website

I'll buy one of those as soon as I buy a guitar with a floating trem.

Comment

I e-mailed Kevan at Tremol-No. Nice bloke & replied quickly & enthusiastically :-

" <font color="blue"> The Tremol-No sounds like a great match for your PC-1 with a D-Tuna. One of my testers, Butch Slucher, uses a Tremol-No + D-Tuna combination on his guitar and loves the way he can go from song to song to song to song...all with the same guitar. :-) Oh, and you're correct- no drilling, routing, or any other modifications are needed to install a Tremol-No in your guitar. Put it in, pull it out...no one will ever know it was in there.

We're working as fast as we can to get the Tremol-No out to folks. We're just waiting on the factory to finish building them. The best/fastest way to find out when they are available is to get on the Email Notification List. There's a link to the sign-up page on the front of Tremol-No.com. 60 seconds after AllParts calls me and says "go", I send out an email to everyone on that list letting them know they are available for purchase. I will send out the email even before I update the site. </font> ."

Needless to say, I'm getting on the mailing list......... (Now I've just got to find a D-tuna in gold to match the hardware on the PC1) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i've been following this since i first heard about it and despite it taking forever to get done it seems like it will be great and i'll add one to my iron maiden signature strat for sure.

-Mike
                  www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

+1 to the can't wait bunch

Comment

Ummm....since there's not a test area, is it cool with you guys if I test post here real quick?

ADMIN/MODS- Please delete this if you see fit. Thanks.

Comment

test - test tube - test tube baby.
                        Welcome Kevan [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        I'm also awaiting the Tremol-no to come out [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds like a nice product but its still a really stupid name.

Comment

Cheers guys. Thanks for the welcome.
                            I'll try and get in here on occasion to keep folks updated, and answer any questions that might arise. If anyone would like, they can reach me via email: [email protected]
                            I do check the Tremol-No forum everyday, so you can post there if you like.
                            I also wanted to thank everyone for their patience. It's hard as hell doing something like this, and your understanding is appreicated. I hope to make it all worth your while.

Looks like a cool crew here. I hope to hang out with you guys more.

JGCable- That's cool. I was going to go with "Trem-Kabob", but someone told me that sucked too. :P Pepto-Bismol is a pretty awful name (and color), but man does it work wonders.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Cheers guys. Thanks for the welcome.
                              I'll try and get in here on occasion to keep folks updated, and answer any questions that might arise. If anyone would like, they can reach me via email: [email protected]
                              I do check the Tremol-No forum everyday, so you can post there if you like.
                              I also wanted to thank everyone for their patience. It's hard as hell doing something like this, and your understanding is appreicated. I hope to make it all worth your while.

Looks like a cool crew here. I hope to hang out with you guys more.

JGCable- That's cool. I was going to go with "Trem-Kabob", but someone told me that sucked too. :P Pepto-Bismol is a pretty awful name (and color), but man does it work wonders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers... Welcome to the board.

Comment

Working...
                              X