Hey.. EMG/SH2N Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey.. EMG/SH2N Combo

Hey guys.. My first post, been reading for awhile, sorry I didn't use search to find this since its probably already posted, but im curious about the EMG/SH2N combo..

I have a JSkelly im modding, and I bought a SH4/SH2 set, its good, but im thinking of buying a EMG 81 to replace the SH4 because 90% of the time I practice on a small amp that doesnt have distortion, and playing riffs is really difficult with a SH4 on a super clean amp, lol..

So.. would this combo like... blow up in my face lol or affect the sound or anything? I still need to buy a EMG, but I mean, even if it sounds like total shit, I could always put the EMG in my RG which currently stocks the amazing ibanez stock! haha.. Thanks dudes =]

BTW looking for a KE1/2 in canada, if anyones planning on selling hahha

Re: Hey.. EMG/SH2N Combo

Well, you'd need a stereo jack, 25k pots and a battery for the active EMG, then you'd need some kind of boost for the Duncan neck pup if you still plan on using it. It's better to stick with either all active or all passive, IMO. If you want more output from a passive pickup, get something like a Duncan Invader or DiMarzio X2N.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Also, make sure you have room for the 9v battery. Fo some reason my KE3 has a "short" control cavity and the battery sticks out about 1/8" past the cover.

Comment

I'd rather suggest you get a distortion stomp box. If the amp is super clean, I highly doubt an EMG-81 alone will make it sound better.

Comment

Working...
        X