Thick creme binding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thick creme binding

I am doing a resto on a prepro Charvel (dimarzio) explorer and need the thick binding used back then. Allparts, stew mac etc is too thin

Any thoughts?

It's not a competition, it's a community

Re: Thick creme binding

think it might pop up on ebay sometime like other NOS stuff from that era? other than that you might be able to get someone to fabricate it in some manner and might even have a greater selection of materials.

chris

Comment

Laminate 2 pieces together.
      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Laminate 2 pieces together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was thinking. The stuff "melts" together with the correct solvent or cement, and I would imagine the seam would be invisible.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

LMII.com. Luthiers Mercantile. I dunno if they will have the right size but if you can't find it there then it might be tough to find it anywhere else cept ebay. Or as said above you could "laminate" two pieces.

Killer Body you got there.

Comment

you can try this cool "trick" i saw on a guitar once. take one thin creme binding then a thin black binding on it's side and then another thin creme binding on top of that. obviously all will need to be cut to the correct sizes/thickness but then you get a black pinstripe b/t the two parts of creme binding...kind of a reverse oreo thing lol. it looks cool.

-Mike
            www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

ask Lee from GMW if he can hook you up...
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
              X