Dinky Reverse Trem Posts Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky Reverse Trem Posts Question

I have a Dinky Reverse project guitar that has no trem posts. It does have what appear to be threaded inserts for trem posts. I figured that since the DR is MIJ and normally has a licensed Jackson locking trem, I could use an extra set of trem posts I have lying around from my Jackson SL4, which is also MIJ and uses a Jackson licensed locking trem. Wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The SL4 posts are way too small in diameter to fit the DR's holes. So, anyone know what exactly I need to get and where to get it? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Re: Dinky Reverse Trem Posts Question

Youll need the posts from a JT580LP setup. Most all newer imports have this bridge. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I thought that's what my SL4 had for a bridge. Does it have something else? Here's a pic of the SL4:

Comment

Yeah thats a 580lp... hm, wtf? Looking at 2 spare posts I have, off of an older JT580(non-lp) they measure 15/64ths or 5.72mm on the threaded side. What do the ones you have from the sl4 measure? Maybe its the older style you need.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

My dinky reverse body mutt that I have used the same posts and trem from a dk2. The really skinny ones.

Comment

Working...
          X