Pot values for model 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot values for model 4

I asked this a while ago but it doesn't show in the search engines. The tone control appears to be a 250K, with a .022 cap. I don't know about the midboost and the volume. I got a Bareknuckle Miracle Man and I'm convinced it'd sound much better without the active electronics, but I'm wondering if it'd make that much of a difference. I'm planning on getting 3 500K pots and wire volume/volume/tone but do you guys think it'll do that much of a difference? I thought the FullShred sounded killer with the midboost, but the miracle man just doesn't live up to my expecations.

Re: Pot values for model 4

I think they all sound better with and without the different pots and capacitors. It depends on the pickup. Also I think body wood makes a difference. Maybe not though.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yeah... I'd rather be sure first. The FullShred sounded killer through it, but I think the Miracle Man should get more harmonics. If changing the pots and getting rid of the midboost would most definitely improve the sound, no matter by how much, I'd change it.

Comment

There are lots of little mods you can do to change tones. I recently replaced all of the steel pickup mounting screws in my guitars with brass screws. Man what a difference! I'm thinking about doing the same with the FR nut mounting screws, and maybe even the tuner mounting screws. The steel screws are just a little too bright sounding to me.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
        X