Steve Vai uses .007????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Vai uses .007????

Anyone seen these? how do I get my hands on these things?
    On live at the Astoria London, bullshit disk, it shows a special order string package, ".007" I've never heard of such. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Steve Vai uses .007????

Damn thats small... Id be afraid of slicing my fingers open on the high e!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I love light strings, lighter the better [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Huh??? I read an interview with him that said he uses 9s and then when he tours he'll switch to 10s. Never heard of 7s.

Comment

Thats exactly what I thought. hmmmmmmmmm [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

It's probably a 7-string set, I would think.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No, if you look, its hand-written.

Its just a joke. He doesnt use 7's, he uses 9's and 10's

Comment

well, damn it, there oughta be some 7's [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    well, damn it, there oughta be some 7's [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get .006s if you look really hard [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Good joke [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Personally, I don't like the thinnest strings, the tone and resonance are lost.
                      009 just sound bleak compared to 010, I always played 009 before but after I got used to playing 010, I'll never look back.

Comment

Ernie Ball makes a .008, and they're waaaaaaaay small and toneless. Great for mega-high gain and hot pickups and shredding, but totally suck for anything heavy or bluesy with moderate gain.
                        And yes, you can find .007s. I had a set once. Talk about fragile!
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Didn't steve do that with the ibanez universe? he had it like had it designed for an originally a higher string with 7's but he said they kept breaking?

Comment

I'd like to try a set of 7's for my short scale guitar - I tune that up to A. Ain't no way you're gonna bend strings with 10's on that - not to mention you'd snap the neck. I'm using 8's now and it's not too bad to bend on.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Ernie Ball makes a .008, and they're waaaaaaaay small and toneless. Great for mega-high gain and hot pickups and shredding, but totally suck for anything heavy or bluesy with moderate gain.
                              And yes, you can find .007s. I had a set once. Talk about fragile!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yngwie uses Dean Markley 8's

Comment

Working...
                              X