Wiring Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Q

I may be biting off a little more than I can chew here, but might as well ask:

I have a 275 DLX body with the 3 covered single coil pickups that make the config look like a slanted HB and a SC in the neck (normal strat 5 way switch).

Is there anyway to wire things so that the two single coils act as one (i believe it's called "running in parallel") in one of the positions? (I know, I know, "just drop a humbucker in there and save yourself the trouble"!)

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Wiring Q

Basically, youll connect one wire from each single coil together, then hook up the other two just as you would a standard hum. What color wires are coming ouf of them?
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Right now, I couldn't say because I haven't taken a look in the cavity in a while. I'll check tomorrow and report back. Sounds like it's do-able...

Thanks!

Comment

Wires are red, black, and white...

Comment

The covered singles are J200 stacked humbuckers. Red is tap, black is ground, white is main output (I think - red and white may be reversed).

If you've got a Jackson Special 5-Way Switch (double 'wafers' and a thousand prongs) you can wire it up for 5 separate combinations. If you've only got a regular 5-way (single-wafer and 6-8 prongs) you're stuck with traditional "+1" selection.

If you DO have the Jackson switch,it would have originally come wired for standard Fender-style pickup selection (bridge/bridge+middle/middle/middle+neck/neck), but it's probably been changed since then, so you would first have to find where each position is, and then jump the pickup wires of both pridge pickups to a common tab, but also leaving them on their own tabs.

Hit Radio Shack for a bag of alligator clip jumper leads, disconnect all the pickups from the switch, and go prong by prong with only one pickup to see what does what.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Working...
            X