help - dimarzio pup identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help - dimarzio pup identification

well.. got an old ibanez restored to original condition and pulled out 2 (identical?) Di Marzio pups.

they got 4 wires and what looks like a brass plate underneath with no code whatsoever (just says "dimarzio pickups, made in usa" on the plate), didn't have my ohm meter (or any other electronic measurement tool) at hand, so cannot give DC resistance at this time.

is anyone already likely to identify them? My guess would be a DP-100.

Re: help - dimarzio pup identification

Hard to tell from the pic, but if the pole pieces are chrome, they are Super Distortions.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

If they're black (hard to tell), maybe PAF Pros. I had a pair in my GMP. Both were had Dimarzio etched into the baseplate, but only one had the model number, too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        well.. got an old ibanez restored to original condition and pulled out 2 (identical?) Di Marzio pups.

they got 4 wires and what looks like a brass plate underneath with no code whatsoever (just says "dimarzio pickups, made in usa" on the plate), didn't have my ohm meter (or any other electronic measurement tool) at hand, so cannot give DC resistance at this time.

is anyone already likely to identify them? My guess would be a DP-100.

[/ QUOTE ]

all you have to do for ME to identify these is to give me a resistance reading? [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

measurement results included now

hey guys, thanks for the replies.. they're wired in series (white-black together)
          [b]
          I measure over each coil approx. 4.75 (DC) Ohm and an Inductance of 3.17 Henry

Comment

Re: measurement results included now

the FRED is 10.07K Ohms in series. That seems the closest to me...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              hey guys, thanks for the replies.. they're wired in series (white-black together)
              [b]
              I measure over each coil approx. 4.75 (DC) Ohm and an Inductance of 3.17 Henry

[/ QUOTE ]

those are PAF PRO's
              dimarzio offered these OEM
              the FRED was never offered on any guitar OEM [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              and dont let the 4.75K each coil fool ya
              i have a few paf pro's that read 9.4K even though the web site has them at 8.4K wires in series
              THEY are PAF pros's without doubt [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

hmmm my old PAF PRO has a row if non adjustable poles & a row if allen key poles. to me that looks more like a super distortion or super 2/3, if the poles are chrome. double whammy looks the same with black poles.

Comment

Working...
                X