Where to get inlay work done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get inlay work done?

Who would be a good choice to have colored sharkfin (MOTO) inlays installed in a neck? Roundabout price? There are no center dots to get in the way. And before you say anything, the neck IS worth having this done to. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Re: Where to get inlay work done?

gmw, i guess, but if you're gonna pay to have inlays put in, why get the plastic ones? the MOP real deals are probably easier to get. no idea what they'd cost, but i assume you'll have to add the cost of a refret in b/c you gotta have a nice flat surface to do that stuff.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I love MOP, but they dont come in custom colors. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I've had inlays done at Brown's Guitar Factory (St. Paul, MN) on three Jacksons, although always with real pearl or abalone. When I was getting a Dinky refinished by GMW and wanted custom inlays, Lee actually suggested that if I wanted inlay work done that I take it to Brown's since I'd worked with them before. Not sure if it's just a matter of available time at GMW or what, but I had Lee and Dan work on the body while John Brown did the inlays. The BGF website is www.brownsguitarfactory.com, although he's not quite "hip" to the whole Internet and e-mail thing yet, so I'd suggest calling if you're interested.

I'm sure there must be some way to dye natural inlay material. It just seems like a shame to spend the money on MOTO, as it will easily run you at least $250. You'd almost be better off trying to find some of those adhesive MOTO packs that used to turn up on eBay.
        sigpic

Comment

You could try Ron Thorn at Thorn Inlay also..

Comment

Also try www.bordeauxinlay.com

Paul Bordeaux will be doing the inlays for my MCS guitar. He's a nice and talented guy. Ron Thorn does great work but you'll wait forever for him.

Also try www.sharkinlay.com

Comment

Working...
            X