Intonation still out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intonation still out

just replaced my usual set of 11-58's to 12-56's for C tuning now i have checked the relief in the neck it needed a little tweeking but all is fine now. I decided to check the intonation of the new strings & OMG it was way out every string was sharp so did the usual setup moved the saddles towards the rear of the body & rechecked the Intonation & to my horror it is still slightly sharp the strings were well worked & stretched before attempting all of this, Its got to the point now where the saddles are that far back the screws barely hold them down now & not to mention the pins are just about touching the rear of the routing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] i checked the nut for wear its fine & the knife edges are fine im really stumped on this one cant see anything else to cause it???? any ideas oh & its not the tuner ive tried 3 different ones & all show the same result.

Re: Intonation still out

That sometimes happens with heavier gauge strings and lower tuning. Try lowering the action a little to help. I don't think there's really much else you can do except go back to a lighter gauge or tune higher.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Re: Intonation still out

Baritone time!

Comment

Working...
      X