replacing floyd but for which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing floyd but for which one?

Ok finally decided to change the licensed floyd in my Kelly. It originally came with the horrible coloured chrome JT580LP. wish jackson would use black hardware as chrome looks shit on a kelly, anyway back to the trem. I ended up buying a black licensed floyd from guitarpartsdepot.com which didnt fit straight away as i had to shave off a small part of the side of the route as the plate was to wide.So thought of putting a OFR in there but im a little concerned about the length of the pins i think they will be too long for the rear of the route when tuning down & intonating as ive found out with the licensed one thats on the guitar now. The second choice i was thinking of was the schaller FR, it has just about the same dimensions as the OFR with regards to the posts & the plate width, without the long pins to worry about. The only concern i have with this trem is the rear routing on the guitar being to long & the schaller looking out of place. what should i do ? OFR or Schaller?

Re: replacing floyd but for which one?

In my experience with my KV4, you can use a Schaller Floyd, or a Jackson branded Schaller type floyd, but not an OFR. The OFR has very long string lock screws which hit the body of the guitar.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I would go with OFR and have the locking screws modded if they cause a problem.

Comment

Schaller Floy Rose II, either branded Schaller or Floyd (altought it's rarer) they are the same bridge.
        '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
        '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
        '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
        '92 Fender Strat scallop
        '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
        '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Working...
        X