Metal Method guitar repair and setup DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Method guitar repair and setup DVD

I'm wanting to learn to set up my guitars the right way, so I figure a book or video is in order. Does anyone own or have an opinion of this video, and offer me recommendations on it? If there's a better instructional book or video out there please let me know.

Thanks!

Re: Metal Method guitar repair and setup DVD

I don't have the video. But if you are talking about the one done by Tracy Longo, It's got to be good. I've heard nothing but good about the video, and he has worked on two of my necks. He's a nice guy and his work is nothing short of awesome IMO.
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Yep, that's the one.

Comment

I can't comment on the video but Dan Erlewine's books are very good. I have the 2nd edition of "Guitar Player Repair Guide: How to Set Up, Maintain, and Repair Electrics and Acoustics". It's a great and very complete reference for most anything you'd want to do and lots of things you'd be insane to try yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

+1 on Erlewine's book. I got it as well and that thing covers everything from soldering to truss-rod adjustment.

Comment

I have the Metal Method one on VHS. Before, I had to get someone else to setup my JT500 trem, now I do it myself. =) Also, very cool tips on all kinds of maintenance, shining frets, and much more. I very much recommend it.

p.s. incidentally, I think this is my 100th post. =)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              +1 on Erlewine's book. I got it as well and that thing covers everything from soldering to truss-rod adjustment.

[/ QUOTE ]
              +2 on Dan's books and videos. I have several of his books and the video on building a solid body electric guitar. Awesome stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I have the tracey Longo video on VHS. I recomend it if you want to learn how to basic setups.

Comment

+1 on erlewine books.

I also learned quite a bit about floyd setups from Kevin Easton's videos that were available for download at his site, don't know if they still are.

Comment

I learnt most things from logic (it really isn't hard if you're dedicated), but I got Dan Erlewine's books (how to make your guitar play great and the repair/setup guide) as well as Melvyn Hisock's Build your own electric guitar book.

Comment

What do you guys think of the metal method course itself?
                      Been a "by ear" player my life, and got a few lessons here and there... starting to play again, looking for some direction.. I can;t read music and am barely interested in doing so..

Comment

Well, I got the Metal Method course when I started learning and enjoyed it a lot. If you're interested in reading music though, Metal Method is not the place to look, it's all in tab.

Comment

Working...
                        X