Laminated bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminated bodies

Hey I just got back from a great hunting trip to Wyoming, antelope and elk in the freezer, trophies for front room (soon as they're done), but anyways, I saw some really cool laminated gun stocks with all kinds of great color variations, just wondering if anyone has ever done something like that in a guitar body? an arch top or heavily contoured body could be killer. sound quality and weight I'm sure would be issues, glue is heavier than wood,
    If my buddy would have shot his Elk a day earlier we would have got to see Tommy Lee in flames [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img], damn! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I say the boy ain't right!

Re: Laminated bodies

There was a Warmoth on Ebay a few years ago that was supposed to be a Nightswan prototype. It had a laminate body that was different colors.

Comment

I've always thought of trying it with a guitar body but everyone would just say it's plywood and ruin the value. Plywood guitars just don't seem to get much respect!
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yeah, but couldn't you use a 1/4" lam like that on top of an alder body or something? HAH! A laminate laminate...

That IS a cool look! It would have to be a carved top to get those various sections...

Comment

Working...
        X