4 inches of leads, enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 inches of leads, enough?

I've never changed a pickup of my any guitar so I know nothing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm planning to buy a pickup from e-bay which has 4 inches of lead left, it sounded a bit short to me but I can't be sure of course. Will it be enough or not? Thanks for your help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Re: 4 inches of leads, enough?

That might be enough for a bridge position but maybe not enough for a neck placement. This all depends on the control layout of the guitar and the size of the rear cavity too. Can you look at the placement on your current guitar and do some sort of measurements. You may be able to rule it out with this method. Usually the lead has to make it to the selector switch, blade or toggle. Of course, you could also extend the lead too.

Comment

Re: 4 inches of leads, enough?

[ QUOTE ]
      That might be enough for a bridge position but maybe not enough for a neck placement. This all depends on the control layout of the guitar and the size of the rear cavity too. Can you look at the placement on your current guitar and do some sort of measurements. You may be able to rule it out with this method. Usually the lead has to make it to the selector switch, blade or toggle. Of course, you could also extend the lead too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great thanks for your help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll try to extend the wire if it isn't long enough, but as you said it seems to be enough for the bridge position...
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
      X