body work for a custom Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body work for a custom Rhoads

i bought a RX10 body and and a dk-1 24 fret neck off of ebay along with the FR, pup, and all that other shit. however, i need to have a luthier route the neck in deeper to accomodate for the 25.5 scale length since the rx10 is only built for a 22 fret neck, as well as plug the neck pickup hole to allow the neck to go in deeper. ive been having trouble finding a guy for the job. i live in CT but wouldnt mind sending it out. It would also be nice if he could refinish the body after. Any suggestions? Thanks

Re: body work for a custom Rhoads

Hit mm2002 with a pm. He may be interested........or not. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

How much did the DK-1 neck run you? It might be better to get a RR3 body (are these 24 frets?)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        How much did the DK-1 neck run you? It might be better to get a RR3 body (are these 24 frets?)

[/ QUOTE ]
        Nope. The only 24 fretted RR production model is the JS30RR (MII, TOM bridge & Cedro wood).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
          Nope. The only 24 fretted RR production model is the JS30RR (MII, TOM bridge & Cedro wood).

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be the body to get then.

Comment

yea ill look into that, the rx10d body was the only one i could find on ebay.

Comment

isn't that a poplar body? i'd try to find the cheapest alder body RR.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

i just realized that the JS30RR body is a string thru, and im looking for a floyd rose ready body

Comment

Working...
                X