A Neck oriented P/U in the bridge??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Neck oriented P/U in the bridge??

I drove a two hour round trip today for some stuff from GC in Baton Rouge. I bought a '59 for my Charvel..and didn't realize until I got home that it was a neck version.

Has anyone run a neck '59 in the bridge? I guess I should take it back, but I am curious to try it since I was trying to mellow this guitar out.

Opinions?

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Re: A Neck oriented P/U in the bridge??

DC Resistance:
    7.43 Neck
    8.13 Bridge

Resonant Peak
    6.80 Neck
    6.00 Bridge

Either version has more High than Bass, and more Bass than Mid. I'm assuming the ratings they show are the same for both models.

Should work fine for mellowing the tone of a bright guitar, though it may also introduce a more stinging/piercing type of Highs.

I've used a neck Hot Rails in the 2nd bridge slot of a 1990 Warrior along with a JB Jr in slot 1 and the HR's "neck-centricity" really helped fatten up the otherwise nasally, Mid-heavy tone of the Jr.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: A Neck oriented P/U in the bridge??

I bought a charvel tele with a 59b in the neck. To my ears it sounds awesome. If you can still exchange the pickup after it has been used, by all means try it out and see if you like it.

Comment

Working...
      X