Black Fingerboard Stain Oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Fingerboard Stain Oil?

Has anyone used this product "Black Fingerboard Stain" from Stewart McDonald to color a Rosewood Fingerboard?

Here is the link if you want to check it out

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Colors,_tints,_and_stains/Black_Fingerboard_Stain.html

Re: Black Fingerboard Stain Oil?

Oh, some have.

[ QUOTE ]
    Used by Paul Reed Smith, Gibson and other makers

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My bottle will be here tomorrow... Ill post up and let you know how it works. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Before and after pics would be much apreciated.

Comment

Just got it, gonna test it on a junk neck I have... well see how well it works, if its good, Ill put it on the project neck and post some pics!
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Aright... so it works good! It says to apply, then wipe off the excess. Well, this isnt entierly true. Apply it, let it soak in for abot 15-20 minutes, then wipe off, then repeat. It does NOT stick to the frets and will wipe right off. It does seem to darken MOTO inlays a bit so I would mask them off for good measure. Will try to post some pics later on when I get a chance to do more... gotta do lay some more spackle around the house now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot to mention... WEAR GLOVES. It WILL stain your hands... and just about anything else it touches. Trust me. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice I just ordered my bottle, hope it will darken enough my rosewood fingerboard.

Comment

It will... just make sure you mask off EVERYTHING other than the frets... binding, inlays and neck base wood included.

Comment

I would like to see pics of this. I have a project in mind and it seems cheaper than replacing the fretboard!
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

<font color="aqua">here are a few pics for reference. The first is a Model 6 that was being refinned and if you'll notice at the 12th fret and up, it's darker then the previous frets. I had experimented with Feibings fingerboard stain and it works very nicely. The second pic (it's the same black Model 6) is a pretty good close up of the final coloring on the fretboard and in my opinion, looks fantastic against the neon pink. Rosewood would have looked like puke.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

</font>
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dave, you ready to get rid of your pink 6A yet? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks awesome, just like my Fusion. Very cool.

Comment

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Dave, you ready to get rid of your pink 6A yet? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">yep, pm me...... </font>
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X