EVH D-Tuna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH D-Tuna

How do these things work, are they reliable. I want to sell my only vintage trem guitar (that I can change tuning in pretty quickly) and wanted to outfit one of my Floyds with a D-Tuna.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: EVH D-Tuna

If your Floyd is set up not to float (i.e., no pull-up capability) it works well. I had a D-Tuna for awhile and liked it.

Comment

Yeah, as long as you block it to down-only, they work great. I have 'em on both of my Floyd guitars...
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

why cant you have it float?

Comment

It will throw the tuning out too much if the bridge is floating and can move when the tension changes.

Comment

Oooooohhh.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

aside from it going out of tune on a floating trem you will also have a problem with it hitting the body since it sticks out past the cavity route. so whenever you pull up it will hit the body. to use it on a floating trem like the others said, blocking the trem from pulling up is a must.

-Mike
              www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

And thus, since I like to too up, no D-tuna for me. I was glad when the GC rep let me take out the instructions before buying it.
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

why don't they make recessed route for the d-tuna???

Comment

If you want to add simple drop-D capability to a Floyd, but don't want to or can't use a D-Tuna, consider a Tremsetter. It stabilizes your Floyd and allows you to simply detune the E string to a D (or whatever), using your Floyd's fine tuner for that string, without throwing the other strings out of tune.

Comment

Working...
                    X