Any slide players in the crowd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any slide players in the crowd?

Particularly those who've set up guitars specifically for slide playing? I'm thinking about stringing one up with .11s, raising the TOM bridge just a bit and perhaps installing an extension nut. Comments? (Particularly on string gauge and extension nuts).
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: Any slide players in the crowd?

I've never used an extension nut but I tried one out once - kinda wierd. Getting the action up a bit helps. Heavier strings can help too. But I've also been able to pull it off with normal action with 9's.

Setting the action too high and with an extension nut is a problem if you plan on playing it without slide as well - obviously it'll be hard to play plus you won't be able to intonate.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Re: Any slide players in the crowd?

Yep, I play a fair bit of slide.

All of the above are good things for a slide specific guitar. I've never tried the extension nut, but heavier guages and higher action will help.

Personally, I play slide on the same guitar I use for everything else, cause live I can't change guitars for my slide parts. They are usually bits and peices in the song, but I use a meduim action to begin with, so that helps.

Comment

Working...
      X