warrior slanted bridge pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warrior slanted bridge pickups

Hi just pickup a 1991? warrior can't stand the slanted single coils in the bridge .What humbuckers fit the cutout with out doing modifying to it or could I wire to Jr. JBs together?

Re: warrior slanted bridge pickups

Welcome. I saw a warrior for sale where someone just stuck in a regular pickup (it left a gap of course).

That got me thinking - could you take apart a regular JB or some other pickup, and use the slanted pickup base to mount the coils? I have no idea of what the slanted pickup looks like to even know if this is possible.

If not, two JB Jr's should work.

If you can, post pictures of the slanted pickup out of the guitar from all angles. It might spark some ideas.

Comment

Hi I,m open to any suggestion I love the guitar it plays like a dream just doesn't sound good compare to my other guitar. I thought i might have seen someone drop in a emg and it fit . Did a search no luck .

Comment

some folks here have modified the route slightly to accommodate a regular humbucker. Alternatively, you could fit a couple of single-coil sized humbuckers in there (as DonP suggested with the JB Jr) and double the size of your sound pallette!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I had an old warrior that I cut for a slant humbucker. It was done by Lee at GMW, and you couldn't even tell that there was ever routing done.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            some folks here have modified the route slightly to accommodate a regular humbucker. Alternatively, you could fit a couple of single-coil sized humbuckers in there (as DonP suggested with the JB Jr) and double the size of your sound pallette!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but the newbe [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] plankster came up with the dual JB Jr. idea (credit where credit is due).

My idea is is to take apart a full sized JB/Distortion/??? and mount it in the slant coil's frame. I need to see pics of the slant coil pickup to see if it would work.

Another idea if you want EMG's could be running a pair of SA's, S's, or mix the two. Could be interesting.

Comment

Thanks for the responces .I've got a JB so I'll see if there is a away that I can mount it to the existing single coils plate this weekend. Let you know if it works

Comment

I had a JBJr and Hot Rails (neck model in the bridge) in mine and it sounded great. I had it wired so that you could turn on either pickup as well as both. The JBJr had a very mid-rangey sound (removed the Wah board) and was great for leads, and the Neck Hot Rails in the other bridge slot gave it the beef the Jr didn't have.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey if your gonna stay with 2 single coils the Emgs just drop right in, if you wanna go the route of a Humbucker your need to change pick up route.
                  Paddok The White Warrior Pro, your talking about I still have it.
                  According To The Prophecy

Comment

Here is another idea. Use the middle and bridge strat pickups. Combined, they should be humbucking (if you get a matched set, and a RWRP middle pickup).

Comment

BLLLLLAAAAAA....on a bunch of routing..if you like EMG's like me..[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] just ask Dave ( budman )very nicely to make you a custom pup plate like i had made for me ,,

the 2 offset screw holes mount right to the orig. mounting holes for the singles that came out. I have not changed the route one bit, no mods at all, and if i ever sold her....
                      (yea right [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
                      all i have to do is take the plate off and put the singles back in..BAMM.. stock

you have to really like Emg's though, or just have one to sacrifice, cause you have to pop the mounting tabs off to accomodate for the offset pup routes,,then you just force the Emg through the pup ring to the desired height and screw it down and there you have it,one unaltered humbucking screaming monster [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

hey Dave ..do i get royalties from the pup ring..??? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MOSH ON
                      DAVE
                      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Hmmm. I say fuck it and I'll take that one pictured above. That is just too fucking awesome.

Comment

Working...
                        X