Dumb Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Question

Is a "speed loader" one where you shoot the stings up the intonation screws? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Dumb Question

I think so, but not 100% sure. I have a Kahler 2700 Series "Killer" and the strings with ball ends go through the screws. You then tighten the screws, which wedges down the string like a // and locks it into place. Great idea for having a locking trem without having to cut ball ends off.

Comment

No.

Comment

The Floyd speedloaders use special precut to size strings and ends. You pop the strings into place, and fine tune,no major tuning needed during string changes, or so they say.

Comment

I think some people, especially ebay sellers, will misuse the speedloader term to mean any floyd that you dont cut the ends off. But this of course is not the case.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I think some people, especially ebay sellers, will misuse the speedloader term to mean any floyd that you dont cut the ends off. But this of course is not the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's where I got confused.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...SID=#Post558808

Link to speedloader talk and pics

Comment

The "speedloader" is actually a tuned-up fork truck that they use to pack all the Floyd crates onto pallets. The orgininal one had a Chevy 350 cui V8 and a compressor, which assisted in earning its nickname.

Yeah, I'm full of shit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Never mind... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

All this is equivalent to the word thing-a-ma-jigger. Damn things a piece of crap anyway.....

Comment

Working...
                  X