question about 3-way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about 3-way

Ok, now that I have your attention [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I have a 3-way blade switch in my dxmg. I want a similar switch for my model 3 project as both the humbuckers are not coil tapable. Is this a special 3-way switch or can any 3-way strat type switch be wired to act like a gibson toggle? I want it to be, position 1-bridge, position 2 both, position 3 neck. I know I can wire a 5-way to do something like this but I dont want all those extra detents. So do I need a special switch for that?

Re: question about 3-way

nope. sounds like a standard 3 way blade switch.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks, any idea where I might find a diagram for wiring that? All the stuff I can find is either for a gibson toggle, or a 5-way blade, or a 3-way with 3 pickups.

Comment

well, if your dxmg has the same pickup config as your model series, duplicate that wiring.

or, use this diagram. http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...ol_1switc.html

granted this is for 2 single coils, so you may be dealing with different colored pickup wires being connected. if you've got 2 duncans, connect the black wires where they have the white wires and you're all good.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Cool, thats just what I needed. The dxmg uses a cheapo 3-way switch made of a circuit board and a straight row of contacts. I needed to see how to wire up the strat style ones like that. Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

welp, i had a different idea about what this thread was going to be. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And how to incorporate lemon oil wrestling into it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yummy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X