Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trem socket on JT580 threads stripped...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem socket on JT580 threads stripped...

Just got the new Kelly in, and the threads for the trem socket are stripped on the base... anyone have an idea for a fix?

BTW this is my first JT580 (all others have the LP version) and I definatley like it. Heavier, thicker, and sturdier... aside from the stripped threads probably cause by some moron, it seems like a nice factory bridge!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Re: Trem socket on JT580 threads stripped...

Stew mac sells the whole bar/socket assembly for about $13. Ive bought one before and it worked great.

Comment

Acually you told me about that last time and it worked out great for my JT580LP... but for the 580, the socket acually screws directly to the base, and the bar screws into the socket... totally different from the newer style. I was thinking of seeing if I can retrofit that style on there though.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Oh, that type. I think it all depends on the size of the hole. I think if its not too big the other design socket should work ok.

Comment

Working...
        X