Last minute pickup install help! DK2 + Seymour Du

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last minute pickup install help! DK2 + Seymour Du

I need some last minute help. I've searched these forums and looks at seymourduncan.com and can't find the exact help I need.

I'm putting in the Duncan Distortion and it has 4 colored wires and a bare wire. According to the schematic, it says to put the red and white together, black to the selector switch, and green and bare toghether to the ground.

Well, I just opened up my cavity and there is a black wire going to the tone pot, red and white are connected (just like new schematic says), green is going to the selector switch and there is no bare ground. Am I missing something? According to the new schematic, they had the green and black in opposite positions. Please help...soldering iron is getting warm!
    E = Fb

Re: Last minute pickup install help! DK2 + Seymour Du

The Duncan Schematic is right...follow it. Who cares what the old wiring is.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      The Duncan Schematic is right...follow it. Who cares what the old wiring is.

[/ QUOTE ] Listen to Chuck, he's pre med. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I thought I was pre law? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Pre-med, pre-law, its all the same thing. Now whats in that black briefcase? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Do what Chuck says...Duncan and Jackson have their wire colors reversed..see chart
            [image][/image]

Comment

Thanks Chuck, you were right. I put the black on the selector switch and the green/bare on the back of the pot where the rest of the wires are grounded.

THIS THING IS A WHOLE NEW BEAST! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              E = Fb

Comment

Working...
              X