jackson to schaller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson to schaller

hey I have an old rhoads ex pro that came with a JT580 I believe. well the knife edges were busted to hell and the thing wouldnt stay in tune, and my friend gave me his schaller floyd off his old RR1. now, the problem is the little "block" the comes down into the body of the guitar that the springs attach too, it comes down further then the old trem that was in there.. the springs do not fit and if i jam one in there, it FLIES off with huge force as soon as i touch the whammy bar. so do i just need shorter springs or something?

after looking at that trem thread, I think what I have is the JT500. the schaller is a JT590 schaller

Re: jackson to schaller

You need a shorter block. You may be able to use the one off your old trem. If not, you can buy one.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

how can i use the one off my old trem, it doesn't seem detachable?

if it is.. tell me how [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If you remove the saddles from the top you will see 3 screws that connect the top plate to the block. They might or might not match up.

Comment

I will try, thank you! Where can i buy a shorter block if needed? any other tips? thanks again

Comment

HERE is a link for OFR blocks. I am not sure if they will fit a Schaller. PM Sully, I think he has a link for Schaller blocks.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              HERE is a link for OFR blocks. I am not sure if they will fit a Schaller. PM Sully, I think he has a link for Schaller blocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought mine there for a Schaller. Worked fine.

Remember, the block has a front and a back - don't install it backwards or the springs will fly out (sounds like what's happening right now).

Comment

i think i'm just gonna buy an original floyd rose. is the block gonna be too large on that too? like the same size as the schaller? or will i not have to buy a new block if i get an OFR

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  i think i'm just gonna buy an original floyd rose. is the block gonna be too large on that too? like the same size as the schaller? or will i not have to buy a new block if i get an OFR

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Just make sure it's got a 32mm block for recessed Floyds and you'll be fine. There are also 37mm and 42mm blocks for Floyds.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ah no wonder. the schaller must be off a guitar that was not recessed, am I correct? the OFR should work fine

Comment

Yeah, the Schaller was most likely for a non-recess. The OFR should be fine as most nowadays are 32 for the recess. I bought a couple OFRs from Carvin in the mid '90s and they were 37, but they fit the guitars I needed them on fine. I think the 37 was mostly for guitars that had a semi-recess or like the Wolfgangs where they actually rest on the body.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X