Played a KV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played a KV

Are they always this neckheavy? I used a leather strap, but it was just really uncomfertable to play... The neck felt good and everything, and it sounded okay.

Re: Played a KV

Hmm, so the KV is neck heavy? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

OMG, here we go again, and don't worry, I won't post another word. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Haha, Joe. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You don't just use a leather strap.. you use a *WIDE* leather strap, or a cotton strap so it doesn't move. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I did use a wide leather strap lol. But it felt like it was pulling on my shirt a whole lot, and that just got annoying >.< Sorry, i did a search, and i shoulda done it in the first place.

Comment

You know what happens when I use wide leather straps with a neck heavy guitar? The strap just pulls my shirt along, ending up with the neck levelling out anyway - and if I "secure" the strap to my clothing and let go of the guitar it still levels out, basically hanging in just the front strap pin. I still have to support the neck with my fretting hand to some degree, so this is not a good solution. I'm going to relocate the strap pins on my Rhoads as Newc suggested and see if it gets any better...

I *hate* neck heavy guitars. I would've gotten rid of the Rhoads if it wasn't for the wonderful playability - and it does balance better than an SG for instance. I'll probably end up playing Les Pauls one of these days... [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

I've never played a neck heavy SG before o.O Then again, the only one i played was the Iommi signature modle, so that may be fixed or something.

I didn't know rhoads were neck heavy o.O I remember reading somewhere that they balanced out so perfect that you could play almost verticly, and not even have to bother supporting the neck. Then again, it would make sense, having about a forth of a KV would probably make it even more neck heavy... I donno. I'll have to try a Rhoads sometime.

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I dont know where you guys get that kv's are "neck heavy", I've never had a king v that was. Guitar balancing was never an issue for me. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I think that one particular guitar can be neck heavy to some people but not to others. I think it depends a bit on playing posture and such.

I personally play with the guitar body positioned fairly low (the Rhoads ends up just below the belt buckle) and the neck angled up about 45 deg. This is what is most comfortable for me, and I like having a guitar that can maintain this position without any support of the neck. For someone who play with the guitar higher up, I guess a more level guitar posture would make sense, so a guitar that is neck heavy to me could be perfect for them.

'bane

Comment

With a KV you can put your leg slightly against the bottom wing to make it tilt up. My KV3 wanted to lay out flat till I moved the strap pins.
                    That's not as easy on a neck-through, though.
                    Plus you could always just get used to pressing your picking-hand elbow down harder on the body.

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

you're right about the rhoad's kamo...Neckthru rhoads balance perfectly, bane's rhoads slants cause its a bolt on and has weird strap pin placement.

Comment

Well this was the import KV... sooooooo that could explain it. I played it pretty low as well *the last fret around belt buckle height* and it just kept on tugging at my shirt, and diving, and i just couldn't deal with it.

Comment

I'm not sure about the bolt-ons, but the neckthru KV PRO balances perfectly for me.
                          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                          X