Neck results....clear coated autographs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck results....clear coated autographs

Just wanted to let all of you know that contributed (esp. Jsully) to my earlier posting about clearcoating some autographs that I am finished and it turned out absolutely perfect! I totally removed the neck, and all hardware, then I sprayed Krylon Satin Clear to match the satin finish on the DK2. I applied almost the entire contents of 1 spray can over a period of several hours, using very light but smooth coats. It probably took about 10 coats or so to give me some piece of mind, since the satin is a rather thin product to begin with. Anyway, I'll post photos when I'm all done. I also bought the Seymour Duncan Distortion to replace the stock Duncan Designed while I had it all apart. Can't wait to the hear the results. Thanks again for all of your help.

Brian
    E = Fb

Re: Neck results....clear coated autographs

E = Fb

Comment

Re: Stryper autographs

BTW, Oz Fox signed "J.C. Rocks" as in Jesus Christ Rocks, not Jackson Charvel [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ...even though Jackson Charvel rocks...that's a given!
      E = Fb

Comment

hey man, glad it worked out well for ya!
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

..and I saved a ton of money too! I contacted GMW about doing the work and they said it was just too small of a job (which I understand now). So, I thought about buying a replacement neck and putting this one away but that would have cost nearly $200. Hind sight is 20/20 so looking back I'm glad I tackled this myself and only spent $3 on the Krylon. Thanks again!
          E = Fb

Comment

Working...
          X