Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads RR5

Anyone have opinions on the Rhoads RR5?

I just bought one and will receive it early next week. New, old stock for a decent price. Ivory with black pinstripes. In the early 80's I had a large picture of Randy's guitar like this hung in my locker in high school. So even though it's not my "normal" style of guitar anymore, I'm pretty stoked about it.

Tim

Re: Rhoads RR5

Congrats man!

Pics are mandatory of course... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Tell us how she plays. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Thanks guys.
      I'm really looking forward to getting it.

Tim

Comment

Uh, GREAT!

Now... Where are the freakin' pics????? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Enjoy [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ May 08, 2003, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: kuerbo ]
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Please read my old thread on this very subject:

RR5 review

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by Talan:
            Anyone have opinions on the Rhoads RR5?

I just bought one and will receive it early next week. New, old stock for a decent price. Ivory with black pinstripes. In the early 80's I had a large picture of Randy's guitar like this hung in my locker in high school. So even though it's not my "normal" style of guitar anymore, I'm pretty stoked about it.

Tim
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah if I got one thats exactly what I'd get . nice guitar ! //Steve

Comment

I had a RR5 not many months ago. A really good guitar, only thing I missed about it was a Floyd. But I sold it to buy another guitar [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

I received the RR5 yesterday, no pics yet but I'll have some in a couple of days. It'll take some time getting use to the shape, but it's already very comfortable to play standing up. I did a full setup and it plays great, holds tune, etc.

My only complaint is that the pickups aren't level with the strings. The pickup bezels should be angled, but they're flat thus the pickups are at an angle to the strings. Mild irritation, but it gave me a good excuse to order gold angled bezels. They should look great on it. I'm still surprised that they were built like that though.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                X