Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might get a KVX10 soon... UPDATE: PICS ADDED! OMG!! *DROOL*!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might get a KVX10 soon... UPDATE: PICS ADDED! OMG!! *DROOL*!!!

I was at my fav guitar shop in Hamburg today and talked with the owner about Jacksons in general and getting a KVX10 in particular...

I am looking for one in Amber Sunburst.
    So the owner did a phone call and it turned out that there are exactly two KVX10s left in the european warehouse... one in metallic blue and one in Amber Sunburst. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    For other finishes I would have to wait until October... there aren't many Jacksons left in the warehouse because of the Fender buyout! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

The guy has ordered the guitar so I can try it out and decide if I want it.
    Hopefully it will arrive on Friday.

And now I'm praying that it's Made In Japan. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention that Jacksons are damn cheap right now in Germany (well, compared to last year!).
    Thanks to the weak US-$ and the nice shop owner, I could get it for around EURO 450... which is damn great for a trans finish Jackson in Germany. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

SECOND EDIT: Added pics, look at the second page. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[ May 13, 2003, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Fifth_Horseman ]
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Re: Might get a KVX10 soon... UPDATE: PICS ADDED! OMG!! *DROOL*!!!

Sounds great man! =)

I really wish they could make a Pro-series KV in neck-through (like the RR5). I'd be all over it.

On another note, I just noticed that the prices for new jacksons have dropped considerably over here as well. Now the import neck-thrus are almost affordable! =) According to the price list, an RR5 now goes for around 1350 euros, which is pretty much what you had to pay for a used one only a few months back...

Comment

I don't recall if amber sunburst was made in India or not, but metallic blue was never made in Japan. I bought a KVX10 a while back and it hasn't disappointed me yet. The only thing I can think that's a possible negative is the pickups. The HB103's are kinda muddy, IMO, and didn't do it for me.

See, this is the crappy thing. There WAS going to be a neckthru, string-thru, King V. But, apparently someone got cold feet over it and only the prototype was made, which I'm now the proud owner of. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Luke:
        'Bane, they used to make one, the KV4. Probably find one if you looked a bit. Or I think that was what it was called...
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The KV4 was neck-thru, but it had a Floyd.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh yeah. I missed the 'like the RR5' comment. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

A fixed bridge, string-thru one would indeed be great, but I'm not picky. =) Oh well, it's going to be a while before I can afford another Jackson - used or not. =(

'bane

Comment

'Bane, they used to make one, the KV4. Probably find one if you looked a bit. Or I think that was what it was called...

Comment

I'd rather like a pro or MG-series KV, too, but I really didn't want to wait till after Summer NAMM.
                And even if a string-thru KV was announced, it would probably take several months until the first new guitars were available in Europe.

I really need that guitar now, since my band found a rehearsing room and a bassist... my old Grass Roots Explorer doesn't do it for me anymore, and I don't want to use my DKMGT for B tuning. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                But the other guitarist has a sevenstring...

To the pickups: I will replace them anyways, I'm thinking of the SD Custom Custom for the bridge or maybe the JB like in my DKMGT.

Black Mariah, don't you want to send that prototype to me for free? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                I'd send you... uhm... a doughnut in return... you'd be the proud owner of a doughnut then! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                btw, was the prototype meant as an import or USA KV?

*still praying for it to be MIJ*

Comment

Im assuming oyure the same fifth horseman from the met boards? If so , you know i just bought a kvx10 after giving up hope on a neckthru/stringthru KV. You wont be dissapointed with the guitar, just need to change the pickups and you are set (im changing mine sometime this month probably). If i were you though, since you would only have a few months more of waiting, just wait til summer namm until you buy something. I have enough money to buy an expensive guitar by the end of the summer, so im hoping for a string thru/neckthru KV or Kelly. If not, im gonna get a slsmg. Either way, be sure to let us know what happens...good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer:
                    Im assuming oyure the same fifth horseman from the met boards? If so , you know i just bought a kvx10 after giving up hope on a neckthru/stringthru KV. You wont be dissapointed with the guitar, just need to change the pickups and you are set (im changing mine sometime this month probably). If i were you though, since you would only have a few months more of waiting, just wait til summer namm until you buy something. I have enough money to buy an expensive guitar by the end of the summer, so im hoping for a string thru/neckthru KV or Kelly. If not, im gonna get a slsmg. Either way, be sure to let us know what happens...good luck.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey man, I really waited for you to reply to this thread... of course I remember you buying that guitar. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

But you have to understand my situation... I'm through with school at the end of this month and will go to the german army at the beginning of October. Until then I have nothing serious to do apart from part time jobbing and playing in the metal band I found last month... after years of searching for one I FINALLY found a metal band. Full of cool guys, all my age, all really motivated.

I want that guitar now... if I wait till Summer NAMM and then till the new models arrive, it will be way past the beginning of October, and I won't have that much time anymore.

I consider myself so lucky; if I had waited just one week longer this KVX10 might have been gone (remember: it's the last KVX10 in the EUROPEAN warehouse!), and the shop owner told me that I would have to wait till October or November to get another KVX10.

Now or never... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CHEERS! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The Fifth Horseman of the Wehrmacht!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thank God we don't have the "Wehrmacht" anymore... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Destroyer:
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey man, I really waited for you to reply to this thread... of course I remember you buying that guitar. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

But you have to understand my situation... I'm through with school at the end of this month and will go to the german army at the beginning of October. Until then I have nothing serious to do apart from part time jobbing and playing in the metal band I found last month... after years of searching for one I FINALLY found a metal band. Full of cool guys, all my age, all really motivated.

I want that guitar now... if I wait till Summer NAMM and then till the new models arrive, it will be way past the beginning of October, and I won't have that much time anymore.

I consider myself so lucky; if I had waited just one week longer this KVX10 might have been gone (remember: it's the last KVX10 in the EUROPEAN warehouse!), and the shop owner told me that I would have to wait till October or November to get another KVX10.

Now or never... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CHEERS! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oops, didnt know about that stuff, so yeah i would definately go for it now then. Like i said, it is a great guitar and you wont be dissaopinted with it. The only bad thing is the pickups and since the guitar is failr cheap you could easily throw in some extra cash for pickups. The only thing that could make that guitar better is if it were neckthru, but regardless it is a great guitar. Good luck and again, let us know what happens [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Argh, the wait is killing me... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

btw, next week I'll borrow a digital camera from one of my mates, so if I buy that guitar I should get pics for you in the middle of next week. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, the shop just called me to tell me that the KVX10 has arrived... so tomorrow I'll be able to check it out!

Damn I'm excited!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X