Help me ID this Jackson Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me ID this Jackson Soloist

Hi folks! I'm new to this forum and have to say this has been a education reading some of the topics here. I love Jacksons and recently got a
    Jackson Soloist with the name of "Grover Jackson"
    on the headstock.

The trussrod cover has "custom"
    on it and the serial is J303792. It has a Humbucker in front and two single coils side bt side like a humbucker for the neck pickup. There's a three position switch and a other gibson type three position also. It was the Schaller Floyd Rose made in Germany. T

hanking all in advance.
    Rock on!

Re: Help me ID this Jackson Soloist

"Grover Jackson" = home market Japanese Soloist.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hi again. Ok, I falied to ask a couple of questions here. The headstock has Jackson in big letters and "Grover Jackson" printed in smaller print near the point of the headstock. My question is what year is was it made and is it Japanese? thx

Comment

Ron's right. It's a Japanese model and it's from 1993. Not bad, but not on par with a USA model of the era. It likely has a rosewood fingerboard and lacks the mother of pearl logo inlay on the headstock. They were made for the Japanese market only, but you'll see some of them stateside as they make their way out of the Land of the Rising Sun. Domo arigato.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

When I bought my first Jackson when I was stationed in Japan, it had Jackson in big letters, and Grover Jackson in smaller letters. Most of the other guitars there had Grover Jackson written in big letters on the headstock.

Comment

Thanks to all.I love this thing. I used to have a SAn dimas one in the 80's. This one is cool and the fingerboard is ebony, odd. Oh well, time to get a USA model. My interest is sparked again.

Comment

Working...
            X