Schaller trem problem: Arm socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller trem problem: Arm socket

I have two guitars with schaller trems (one of which is an old bolt-on pro body with the Jackson-label schaller). Long story short: on my Kelly Star, the whammy bar socket is damaged beyond repair.
    The rest of the trem is in almost pristine condition, just the arm socket is screwed. I was doing some setup work and had the back cavity open anyway, so I tried unscrewing the fixture on the inside that holds it in place.. I got the little allen bolt and the collar out from the inside, but the socket itself will not move from the base of the bridge on top. Is this somehow attached permanently to the base? This wouldn't make any sense.. if it was attached permanently there would be no need for the collar and bolt on the inside of the trem cavity on the other side of the plate.

On the other trem, the socket and everything came off with no struggle.

What should I do to get this socket off... also, (here come the obvious questions) where can I get a new replacement socket and how much should I expect to spend?

Thanks guys

Steve

Re: Schaller trem problem: Arm socket

Removal: Big hammer. It's just pressed in there.
    Replacment: Allparts, Stew-Mac, etc.

Comment

Re: Schaller trem problem: Arm socket

hehe ok, so I guess I will want to take the trem off the body to do this, as not to damage my precious guitar..

thanks for the help bro :-D

Comment

Working...
      X