X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Performer series PS

What is your opinion...
    Performer $69

Are they the best value on eBay? I see them consistently low...

Performer 1

Performer2

Performer3

Performer 4
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Re: Jackson Performer series PS

I have the reverse headstock one like in the performer 2 link. Mine is dark trans red. same pu configuration. Mine is a 96 serial number(made in Japan)

It plays nice, pickups are ok. The only issue I had is the trem bar is the screw-in type, it had way too much wobble. I replaced it with a collar and arm similar to the ones on the jt-580. I got the arm/collar setup from eastonguitars.com.

Hope this helps

DRH

Comment

Thanks for the info

What is the trem that is on it, not a 580? Do you know what the body is?

Anyone else here have one.....?

Comment

The trem is the JT500. I like it much better with the new arm and collar. Someone has a Tremolo project thread here, I think in Tech Q and A. There is a picture of mine there.

Not sure what the body wood is though.

DRH

Comment

they are apparently alder: http://www.fretted.com.au/main/produ...s/jackson1.htm
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I have a PS2 that I’m very happy with. It plays well and I really like the way the neck feels. The only complaint I have is that the stock pickups aren’t that great, they’re kind of muddy sounding to me. I replaced the bridge pickup in mine with a Duncan TB4. I my opinion the performers seem to be pretty good quality.

Comment

The performers ar descent guitars. The Japanese ones are a touch better then the Korean counter parts. However both still descent guitars. The body wood is Alder on everything but the PS3T thats and i belive the PS6T. Those are poplar. The korean ones start with 10 in the seriel number and the 12th fret dots are much farther apart. ( almost to the edge of the board). The trems are pretty good too. The pups are a little be desired but thats easily remodied.
              Nice value for the right price. But the model series Charvels are better and usually a little cheaper or about the same price.
              Gil

Comment

I picked up the $69 on the first link above. It is being shipped now. Going to try to heat the neck and play with the truss. I figured $69 would not break me and if it plays ok, my nephew gets an upgrade to his cort...

Comment

I had a Performer PS-4. it's the only Jackson I've owned that I thought of as a POS. The neck was horribly problematic and wouldn't get straight no matter what I did.

Comment

Can anyone identify this guitar? is it a preformer series?

Comment

Not sure; the only thing different from that and a PS-4 is that a PS/4 has a single-coil in the middle and has black hardware.

Comment

Perforers have all black hardware and say performer on the headstock after the Jackson logo. That looks like a DR3 with the offset inlays instead of the shark fins. And with no logo or made in the USA on itL I would say the the is of recent years from the Pro series. And with the shiny chrome hardware its within the last two years. Maybe a transitional piece or something for the Japanese market that made its way here.
                        Gil

Comment

I just got a PS-2 off of Ebay (waiting for the Fedex guy right now - [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] )
                          for $127.50 plus $25 s/h/i. It was sold
                          with no case, but the seller threw in a beater hsc to protect it in transit - I
                          think that's pretty cool!! (Thanks Mike
                          at Shamrock!)

I saw some clown with his Ebay ad reading
                          "Jackson Performer SOLOIST", where he had
                          a PS-4. I wrote to inform him of his error and he replied and told me I "KNEW
                          NOTHING ABOUT ACKSON" and was the "DUMBIST A$$HOLE" he'd ever "TALK" (Yeah, that's how his sentence ended). He was asking $300, no case, which is a bit high, and which I told him. He now
                          has it up as a relist.

I do see a lot of people listing them for
                          $250 - $300 now, but don't see a lot of bites at that range. I figure $152.50
                          shipped with hsc is pretty good. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

DX-10

Comment

Did DR3s come with offset inlays? I know they had a toggle instead of a three way switch and only seen them in trans green......

Comment

Working...
                              X