90's dinky professionals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's dinky professionals

Does anyone know how many of the stone finished dinkys were made?I have a black 94 dinky rev,a 94 white dinky reg head stock matching white headstock,a 94 stone finised dinky rev.Also are the matching headstock ones common?
    Thanks. any info on these guitars would be great.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Re: 90\'s dinky professionals

You come into some money in 94 ?? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Matt

Comment

I own a '94 Dinky Reverse (deep metallic purple) and two '94 Dinky HX models (string-thru TOM bridge, one black, one red. Only about 100 made in '94.) 1994 just seems like a really good year on Professional series Jacksons! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'm not sure how many of the Stone models were made, but I've seen them in both rosewood and maple fingerboard models.
      Does your JT580 Floyd have a square baseplate like an Original Floyd? Mine does, and I've learned that they only made them like that in '94 and it's actually known as the JT580LP '94. They rounded the corners of the baseplates after that.

[ April 25, 2003, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I used to have a '94 Dinky with the stone finish.

I also have a '95(I think?) Jackson Dinky that Joe(Toejam) sold me. I kept the one that played the best. Cool guitars though. I don't think they are that rare, I remember seeing a Rhoads with that finish from '94 as well.

Although, I have never seen a Dinky with a candy apple green finish with a sparkle to it like the Dinky Joe sold me.. also the flame on the neck is amazing. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, Word, that CAG was sweet!! I don't know the year of it... probably '95 or '96, I guess.

Comment

Yeah, I was planning on selling my Jacksons for more Ibanezes(blasphemy, I know [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) but this one plays the best and sounds the best, so I'm keeping her.

Joe, have you ever seen another Dinky in the same finish before?

Comment

I found the dinkys in a shop just hanging there every time I would go in they were still there.So I got all 3 they hung there for 4 years just never sold. They had the original strings still on them.The trems are schaller mfg cut just like the floyds.The stone one has a maple board.

Comment

IMHO, the 1994 C/Js made in Japan were the LAST, REALLY GOOD year, too {I think Greg Crowe agrees with me on THIS one [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] }...I have a cherryburst Dinky Professional and a metallic black Soloist Professional XL {BOTH are '94s}, and the workmanship is LIKE BUTTA !!!...The frets are laid into the 'board and binding at LEAST as nicely an ANY of my USA Select stuff...

Comment

Yes the quality is quite nice.
                  I had a 94 kelly pro candy green flake that was flawless,ebony board sharkfin inlays abalone jackson logo.The binding was perfect.I have had usa guitars (gibson) where the binding was really sloppy.I put the kelly on ebay and it only took two days to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
                    Yeah, I was planning on selling my Jacksons for more Ibanezes(blasphemy, I know [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) but this one plays the best and sounds the best, so I'm keeping her.

Joe, have you ever seen another Dinky in the same finish before?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, I've never seen another in that finish ever. And it's a bummer they only offer CAG on USA Select finishes now.

Comment

Working...
                    X