info about Rhoads EX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info about Rhoads EX?

Yesterday, I posted a topic at the Blind Guardian forum, about a Jackson guitar. They directed me through to you guys, so I'm new here, and hello to everyone [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] . This is the topic I posted yesterday:

Someone recently offered me an older jackson guitar (prob. from 1991): it's a Rhoads EX Professional.
    I was wondering if anyone over here has had any experience with it, it looks good to me, decent guitar, plays nice, pickup upgrade. But I'm a bit interested about the background:
    -when was it in production (can I date it if it's a japanese series)
    -what did it originally cost?
    -is it basically an early version of the performer series?

that sort of thing. anything you can tell me, is greatly appreciated.

I'm prob. gonna buy it, as long as I can find a suitable gigbag, if you catch my drift.

I've tried to get this info from Jackson, but since Fender took over [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] , they don't really reply to e-mail (they did in the past).

Ow, and does anybody have a single clue why the hell Jackson Kelly 1 is no longer in the catalogue? That's a bloody shame!

So, If you guys can help me out, plrz do! I'm going to check out the rest of the forum now...

Re: info about Rhoads EX?

the rhoads ex was a late nineties import ('95(?)-'98). I had one myself in the past, nice axe for the buck. paid +-800€ new back in '99. only 'screw up' about it was the screw in arm of the floyd... I wouldn't recommend a gigbag for a guitar like a Rhoads though, quite easy to ding up the upper wing end...

just my 2ct.

Comment

Too bad the "mother of all info pages" is gone, otherwise you'd have it all in print there.

I thought the EX line was started earlier than '95, but I could be wrong.

The serial should start with a "9", since that is the same for all japanese-built, bolt-on Jacksons. If the serial numbering is consequent with the rest of the Jackson line, you can tell what year it was built by its second number: I.e. "6" shows that it was made in '96, etc...

The Rhoads EX is one of the very few backrouted Rhoads models. Usually Rhoadses have front routing with a pickguard on them. The EX was followed by the RX10D in this respect, but that one is built in India... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
      I had a Rhoads EX briefly, and it struck me as being very well built - nice solid feel all over. =)

Oh btw, "Rockbag" by Warwick makes a heavy duty gigbag that you can just about squeeze a Rhoads into. =)

'bane

[ April 25, 2003, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Sunbane ]

Comment

The Rhoads EX effectively became what was the Charvel Avenger around 1992. But it had dual hums and a double locking trem.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

.......... I used a RR pro ex for years , I loved it so much the neck turned green in some spots from all the sweat and the wearing of the finish , I even made a custom pickgard [blk pearl] for it at one point , and they got sweet neck thickness on em as well , I ended up selling it dirt cheap , wish I never did ! I swear I am gonna keep eveything I run into from now on and Just add to the collection . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Wizzurd:
            Yesterday, I posted a topic at the Blind Guardian forum, about a Jackson guitar. They directed me through to you guys, so I'm new here, and hello to everyone [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] . This is the topic I posted yesterday:

Someone recently offered me an older jackson guitar (prob. from 1991): it's a Rhoads EX Professional.
            I was wondering if anyone over here has had any experience with it, it looks good to me, decent guitar, plays nice, pickup upgrade. But I'm a bit interested about the background:
            -when was it in production (can I date it if it's a japanese series)
            -what did it originally cost?
            -is it basically an early version of the performer series?

that sort of thing. anything you can tell me, is greatly appreciated.

I'm prob. gonna buy it, as long as I can find a suitable gigbag, if you catch my drift.

I've tried to get this info from Jackson, but since Fender took over [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] , they don't really reply to e-mail (they did in the past).

Ow, and does anybody have a single clue why the hell Jackson Kelly 1 is no longer in the catalogue? That's a bloody shame!

So, If you guys can help me out, plrz do! I'm going to check out the rest of the forum now...
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">make Sure you get the hardshell case for it man ! it'll protect her well !!! //Steve

Comment

Yez, a case is very handy, but you see, it's more of a side guitar...The guitar is €250, wich is a fair price I'd say, and over here, jackson cases aren't easy to find nowadays...don't know what happened, but since a few years, almost noone has jacksons anymore [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
              But your still right of course...should've had a guitarcase for mij other guitars to...would've saved me some damage

Comment

Working...
              X